Friday, August 7, 2026

The Veggie Kitchen: Sage and Browned Butter Brussel Sprouts

In my opinion there are very few things that are not made better with browned butter. This would be a great addition for Thanksgiving. 

The ingredients:
Chopped brussel sprouts
3-4 TBSP browned butter
Sage
Onion salt
Garlic salt
Black pepper
Nutritional yeast

The recipe:
Preheat oven to 425.
Grease baking dish.
Chop brussel sprouts and add to pan.
Brown the butter in a pot until brown and smells nutty.
Pour browned butter over the sprouts including the browned bits at the bottom (the best part).
Sprinkle with seasonings.
Stir to combine well 
Bake for 30 minutes.

Notes:
I added the brown butter ahead of time. I think it would have been better to do it right before baking. I also thinking adding fresh Sage to the butter would give it a better Sage flavor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Veggie Kitchen: Sage and Browned Butter Brussel Sprouts

In my opinion there are very few things that are not made better with browned butter. This would be a great addition for Thanksgiving.  The ...