Monday, July 10, 2023

Cooking Show Review: Magnolia Table with Joanna Gaines

 



One of my favorite cooking shows is Magnolia Table. For a few reasons...A) I love her kitchen, it is my dream kitchen! B) I love her personality, and C) the food is sooo good! I have made a couple of these recipes and both were amazing!

The clip above actually shows my two recipe attempts the Green Beans Amandine and the Cherry Almond Crisp! 

I like that she is not perfect in her cooking. She makes mistakes and is real about her limitations like with her chopping skills. She uses a stand mixer in her cooking, so she is not afraid of using cooking appliances to help make things easier. I am partial to cooking shows where the cook makes mistakes on occasion. I feel it is more real. Let's be honest, no cook is perfect. I feel cooks that portray themselves as perfect set a high bar to live up to. Mistakes are a part of life and how we learn. 

Joanna Gaines' cooking show Magnolia Table is very family oriented. She has some of her family join her in cooking and she shares recipes they eat as a family and some recipes that were passed down to her. 

To date, there have been 7 seasons of Magnolia Table and they can be found on Max and Discovery Plus, as well as any other streaming service or cable provider that carries Magnolia Network. The TV show also features recipes found in Joanna Gaines' Magnolia Table Cookbooks. Volume 3 was released recently, and it is the only one I do not have yet.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Italian Kitchen: Baked Feta and Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes and Italian Sausage

I've seen this recipe around and thought I would finally try it. I, of course, made some changes. Next time, I would like to try the Bou...