Wednesday, July 5, 2023

The Italian Kitchen: Ravioli in browned butter garlic sauce


Have you ever been to the Old Spaghetti Factory? There is a dish there that I love and get any time I go. It is Mizithra Spaghetti in browned butter. This is not that recipe but when I decided to make ravioli for dinner, I wanted to do something other than the basic marinara sauce. I found a recipe for browned butter garlic sauce and thought I'd give it a try and like I am known to do...I made some slight changes. 


Ingredients:
Frozen ravioli
4 TBSP butter
1 tsp of garlic powder or 1 clove of garlic
1 tsp of Italian seasoning
parmesan cheese to top
Salt and pepper to taste

Recipe: 
Make the ravioli as usual (added part water and part chicken broth to cook the ravioli) once done drain and set aside, reserving 1/4 C of water for later. 
In saucepan or skillet, add butter and melt, cook for 3-6 minutes (mixing as you cook) until turns brown and brown specks are visible (be careful not to overcook). 
Remove from heat and add garlic and Italian seasoning and mix well for an additional 30 seconds. 
Add ravioli back in with the reserved water and top with parmesan cheese.
Bake (if desired) for a few minutes to melt the cheese. 

What I added is the Italian seasoning and I used garlic powder instead of garlic clove. I also added the parmesan cheese. 





Recently while shopping I found a new kitchen tool that looked very convenient that I just had to try. It is a mason grater jar set. It is a mason jar with a lid that has a grater attachment so you can grate the cheese right into the jar. I had to have it and it was less than $10. The convenient part it is easy to clean, and if you have left over cheese, you can store it in the fridge right in the jar! But who has left over cheese!


I tried it for the first time tonight and it made grating the cheese a breeze and was so convenient and easy to clean! I, of course, had no leftover cheese to store. 

You can also use this grater for other things you would like to grate like garlic, cinnamon, cocoa, or even carrots.  The brand is Kilner, and I found this item at Harvest Market. 

                                     




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Italian Kitchen: Baked Feta and Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes and Italian Sausage

I've seen this recipe around and thought I would finally try it. I, of course, made some changes. Next time, I would like to try the Bou...