Wednesday, July 12, 2023

The Global Kitchen: Restaurant review of The Hot Pot and BBQ Buffet- Korea

 


Last night, I had the opportunity to join a friend in trying a new restaurant in town. The Hot Pot and BBW Buffet. It was very good and an all around food experience. It was a little pricey so won't be someplace I go frequently but it is well worth it for the experience.


First, the table was interesting because you cook all of the food at your table so you have spots for the hot pots and a grill pan at the table. The grill pan is if you do the Korean BBQ (we did not). Not all of the tables had the option for both some just had the spots for the hot pots. You could control the burners at your seat so if your pot or grill needs adjusted you have control of it. 


Second, the menu did not have all the options but gave a good idea of what would be available. The Hot Pot buffet and Korean BBQ were $30 per person but you could do both for $36. You ordered a soup base from the wait staff, and they got it all set up for you at the table and got it started cooking. While they did that you went to the buffet and grabbed the raw ingredients you would add to your pot. There were a lot of options from beef, chicken, pork, to exotic seafoods like octopus, squid, and things like tofu and meatballs. Then there were the vegetables everyday things like mushrooms, potato, romaine, but also special items like seaweed, watercress, bok choy, etc. You had noodles you could add to your pot, and they had a make your own dipping sauce bar. 

                                          


I ordered the red curry broth but they had everything from an original soup baste with minimal flavorings to a spicy one. I chose the red curry because it had a little spice but was not too spicy. It was perfect for me and so tasty. I will advise you do no realize how small the meat shrinks up when cooked so I would suggest doubling what you think is enough. My favorite items to add to the hot pot was the corn and the watercress. I had not had watercress before but I actually really liked it.         

                                         

I tried a couple different dipping sauces, but their house made teriyaki sauce is really good. I added a little brown sugar and healthy bunch of cilantro to mine and it tasted so good. 

I would highly suggest everyone go check them out. I know I plan to go back and try the Korean BBQ next time. It is quite the experience, and you definitely get plenty of food. The wait staff was very friendly, and they make sure that you know what to do and were on hand for any questions we may have had. 

They do offer a selection of different ice creams as dessert. 

Overall, this was a great experience, and we had a great time trying something new. If you remember my post about the Japanese Sukiyaki the Hot Pot is similar to that. Just keep in mind the cost because it is more that I would normally spend on a meal. However, it is a great place to enjoy on occasion. It would be a great place to have a date night if you are looking for something new. 









No comments:

Post a Comment

The Italian Kitchen: Baked Feta and Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes and Italian Sausage

I've seen this recipe around and thought I would finally try it. I, of course, made some changes. Next time, I would like to try the Bou...