The ingredients:
2 medium eggplant
1.5 C breadcrumbs
3/4 C parmesan
2 large eggs
1/4 C dried herbs
1.5 tsp garlic powder
1/4 C olive oil
1 tsp black pepper
3 oz water
The recipe:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cube eggplant.
In a pan, saute the eggplant with garlic powder and olive oil and add water. Cover and cook for 20 minutes until soft.
Add eggplant to large bowl, mash and allow to cool a couple minutes.
Add the other ingredients to the bowl and mix well.
Scoop into balls and place on a lined baking sheet.
Bake for 30 minutes.
Notes:
I used a bunch of fairytale eggplant.
I used pork rinds for the bread crumbs.
I used savory for the herbs but dried basil would have been my top choice.
Use olive oil when rolling meatballs to keep them from sticking to your hands.
I paired these with my feta palmini and veggie bake. They were really good. Its a great pasta dish for using up those summer veggies like cherry tomatoes and zucchini, I also added some fairytale eggplant.
No comments:
Post a Comment