Sunday, November 19, 2023

The Breakfast Kitchen: Baked French Toast

I've always been intimidated by making french toast and I'm not sure why. This morning I made an Almond Cinnamon Baked French Toast. It whipped together in minutes and baked in 25 minutes.

This recipe called for vanilla extract but I used almond instead. I also used keto friendly bread. This would be much better I am sure with a good quality bread.
The almond extract really makes these smell amazing but I am partial to almond. The vanilla would be great as well. Some other extracts that would be good are maple, rum, cardamom, and orange. I also topped this with Skinny Sticks Bourbon Barrel Aged maple syrup and powdered sugar. 
Tip: use a good quality bread use quality extracts and spices.

You can elevate the dish by adding toppings like fresh fruit, chocolate, or whip cream!








No comments:

Post a Comment

The Italian Kitchen: Baked Feta and Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes and Italian Sausage

I've seen this recipe around and thought I would finally try it. I, of course, made some changes. Next time, I would like to try the Bou...