Wednesday, October 4, 2023

The Family Kitchen: Grandma Dru's Ham Balls

My Grandma made these ham balls and they were so good. My mom also made them. They are featured at every family reunion. Needless to say this is an iconic family dish. This was the first time I made them and they taste just as good as I remember and smell amazing!

The recipe:

Some slight adjustments I made are swapping pork rind panko for the bread (I used 1 C), using pinneapple chunks instead of rings, and using white wine vinegar. I also made this into balls instead of a loaf. This yielded apprx 16 large ham balls.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Italian Kitchen: Baked Feta and Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes and Italian Sausage

I've seen this recipe around and thought I would finally try it. I, of course, made some changes. Next time, I would like to try the Bou...