Monday, October 9, 2023

The Italian Kitchen: Pesto Ravioli with Cherry Tomatoes

This is a pasta dish I threw together that is light and refreshing. No heavy sauce or cheese to weigh this dish down. I feel stuffed pastas are a great way to get your pasta craving, but you get the protein as well. I never thought to use lemon in pasta but I never make pasta without it anymore. Its a great way to get your Vitamin C and gives the dish some depth.

Ingredients:

Beef Ravioli or Ravioli of your choice
1/4 C pesto
Handful of cherry tomatoes
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
Parmesan cheese
Basil


Recipe:

Cook Ravioli according to package and drain reserving 1 C starch water.
Zest and juice 1 lemon.
In pot, combine Ravioli, pesto, tomatoes, juice, and Zest and cook until tomatoes break down. Add starch water a bit at a time to desired consistency. 
Garnish with fresh basil and grated parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Italian Kitchen: Baked Feta and Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes and Italian Sausage

I've seen this recipe around and thought I would finally try it. I, of course, made some changes. Next time, I would like to try the Bou...