Wednesday, May 24, 2023

The Classic kitchen: Pot Roast with carrots and potatoes in the multi cooker

 Tonight, I made a classic recipe...Pot Roast in the multi cooker with carrots and potatoes. I've made pot roast before, but it has never tasted as good. 

The recipe was simple and easy to put together on my lunch and only took 5 hours to cook on HI. 

The ingredients:

Round Roast 2-3 lbs

1/4 C flour

3 large carrots peeled and cut into pieces

6 small red potatoes quartered

1 tsp of onion powder

3 C of beef stock

1/4 C of soy sauce

3 tsp of thyme

2 tsp of rosemary

1 tsp of sweet paprika

2TBSP of cornstarch

2 TBSP water

Directions:

Place the beef on a plate or cutting board and coat with flour on all sides then place in the cooker with all other ingredients except for the cornstarch and water. 

Cook on Hi for 5 and a half hours

When there is an hour left, make a cornstarch flurry with the cornstarch and water and slowly add to the cooker in order to thicken the sauce as needed. 

When done cooking, meat should fall apart, and allow to sit for 15 minutes to allow the cooking liquids to be absorbed. 

Salt and pepper has been omitted. You can season as needed after as I did or you can add to the cooker as needed. 


I added some bread to the pot roast and allowed the juices to soak in. Yum!

For added flavor, you can sear the roast on both sides before putting in the slow cooker. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Italian Kitchen: Baked Feta and Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes and Italian Sausage

I've seen this recipe around and thought I would finally try it. I, of course, made some changes. Next time, I would like to try the Bou...