Monday, May 27, 2024

The Guest Kitchen: Overnight Breakfast Casserole from Tara McCausland

Tara McCausland always has the best dishes at events I attended with their family. I always ask for the recipes. This is a pretty easy recipe and is adjustable to your taste. See the adjustments I made below.


The ingredients:
1 bag Simply Potatoes southwest hashbrowns
Breakfast meat of choice
2 C shredded cheese
12 eggs
1 C Milk
The recipe:
Preheat oven to 350.
Cook meat and drain. 
Mix the hashbrowns, cheese, and meat and place in a casserole dish.
Scramble the eggs with the milk and pour over the top of the potato mixture.
Bake at 350 for about 1 hour.


You add any additions you would like to the potato mixture like tomatoes, peppers, seasoning, olives, etc.


My adjustments:
I used sausage and pepperjack cheese. I added a can of rotel, some green bell pepper, olives, and sliced jalapeƱos. I also used black lime and a bit of taco seasoning. I only had 7 eggs so that's what I used and I omitted the milk. 

You can garnish with things like salsa, sour cream, hot sauce, cilantro, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Meatless Kitchen: Tex Mex Quinoa Three Ways!

 I needed a quick lunch the other day, so I made a big batch of Tex Mex Quinoa. Basically, a bunch of veggies and beans tossed with seasoned...