Friday, January 5, 2024

The Healthy Kitchen: Get your snack on!

I've been on the hunt for some healthier snack/sweets options and have found a couple of brands I like. As a diabetic I really have to limit my sugar intake so I have been looking for some new snack options and grab and go options. 

Catalina Crunch is a company founded by a diabetic  that created a good tasting snack with protein, fiber, good fats but minimizing sugar. Most of their products are vegan, gluten free, plant based, non gmo, Keto frIendly, and low on sugar. 


Does it taste just like cinnamon toast Crunch? No of course not because cinnamon toast Crunch is loaded with sugar but this is a pretty tasty option that's better for you. It is also not as cheap so be prepared. 

They also make a pretty tasty sandwich cookie similar to an oreo. They have a snack mix and cookie bars I have not tried yet but hope to soon. 

Another brand Ive seen often but had never tried wad Lily's chocolate products. They have baking chocolate, bars, and specialty chocolate like these chocolate covered caramels. 

Lily's chocolate is made with Stevia, is gluten free, non gmo, and is low in sugar with 0 sugar added. The chocolate covered caramels are pretty good when you need something sweet but need to watch your sugar. I look forward to trying some of the other products too.

These caramels are high in fiber and 0 added sugar. The serving size on the packaging is in grams which I'm not a fan of but there are 3.5 servings per bag. My food scale does kg and oz/lb. 

They also have gummy bears and gummy worms that have less than a gram of sugar per serving. 

NOTE: If you cant find these in your local store Amazon has both available in bulk.

I'll be sharing when I find some new brands that I like. Up next with be some snacking meat and cheese options. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Italian Kitchen: Baked Feta and Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes and Italian Sausage

I've seen this recipe around and thought I would finally try it. I, of course, made some changes. Next time, I would like to try the Bou...