Monday, December 25, 2023

Merry Christmas from Apey's Kitchen!

 I hope you are having a wonderful day with friends, families, or just with a "Me" day. 

Today, is a day I reflect on what the day means to me. The sacrifice that God made by sending His Son to the earth to be a sacrifice for the world. This act alone I believe is such an example of the season. No gift can compare to this gift. I hope today is a day that you remember what the day really represents.


This is a day of laughter and joy but can also be a day of sadness for those of us who have lost loved ones. My thoughts are with you and yours this season as you are navigating the holidays without your loved ones. 

Today, I plan on starting a new tradition from Iceland. My family celebrated Christmas yesterday so today I am making myself a nice dinner for the holiday, cuddling with my cats, reading, and eating some chocolate. Jolabokaflod, or "Christmas book flood" is where you give and receive books and spend the day/evening reading. In a twist, I am getting myself a good book and will have a nice relaxing day at home. I also will be letting the cats open their presents! This is a tradition I can see myself getting into. On the menu is Lobster pasta, garlic bread, and a salad. 


Myst, Stella, and I hope that you and yours have a great day and a very Happy Holiday! See you in the New Year!

Reminder: The Kitchen Cleanout Challenge will start on January 8th, after a special New Years Day post on January 1st. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Meatless Kitchen: Tex Mex Quinoa Three Ways!

 I needed a quick lunch the other day, so I made a big batch of Tex Mex Quinoa. Basically, a bunch of veggies and beans tossed with seasoned...