Sunday, October 22, 2023

The Guest Kitchen: Beef and Zucchini Bake

Years ago, I was invited to a friend's house for dinner and had a recipe I have never forgotten. It's the only way other than zucchini bread that I remember liking zucchini. On my new food journey I was looking for some new recipes and thought this would be a good one.

My friend got the recipe for me so a big shout out to Ann Storey and Kathy Daum for this recipe featured on the 1st edition of The Guest Kitchen.
AS usual i made some slight adjustments for what I had on hand. I used 1 lb of beef, no onion, instead of canned tomatoes I used cherry tomatoes, instead of Italian bread crumbs I used pork rind panko, and I used brown rice. I also added 1 c of beef broth since I did not use canned tomatoes and I was using brown rice. Lastly, I omitted the cheese.

It was very good. My one take away I would change up has to do with the rice. Next time I would cook the rice in my rice cooker first so it cooks better and is more tender. If you use regular white rice that may not be necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Italian Kitchen: Baked Feta and Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes and Italian Sausage

I've seen this recipe around and thought I would finally try it. I, of course, made some changes. Next time, I would like to try the Bou...