Monday, August 14, 2023

The Sweet Kitchen: Blackberry Hibiscus Cinnamon Buckle

 


I bought some blackberries at my local produce stand on a whim and thought it would be a great way to try a buckle I had been wanting to try. I was surprised how quick and easy it was to make!

Ingredients:
1 stick of butter melted
1 1/4 C sugar
1 C flour
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 C milk
2 C blackberries rinsed and dried
2 TBSP sugar



I added 1 TBSP cinnamon and 1 TBSP hibiscus powder as well. 

Recipe:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Melt butter. 
Whisk together the sugar, flour, baking powder, and salt in large bowl.
With a large spoon mix in the milk and butter until just incorporated. 
Spray 9 in pie pan or square pan and pour in batter. 
Sprinkle the blackberries over the top evenly.
Combine 2 TBSP sugar and cinnamon and hibiscus powder in small bowl.
Sprinkle the top of the buckle with 1 TBSP of the sugar mixture. 
Bake for 40 minutes.
Sprinkle the additional 1 TBSP of sugar mixture and cook for an additional 15-20 minutes until golden and bubbly. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Italian Kitchen: Baked Feta and Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes and Italian Sausage

I've seen this recipe around and thought I would finally try it. I, of course, made some changes. Next time, I would like to try the Bou...