Wednesday, May 17, 2023

The Family Kitchen: Grandma Hazel's Texas Hash

 A few weeks ago, I was able to go through my Grandma's old recipes and cookbooks and found some I wanted to try. Tonight, I made her Texas Hash with a few adjustments, and it was really good!


I made a few adjustments of course. I added diced potatoes and red and yellow peppers instead of green. I used brown rice instead of white cooked in the rice cooker with chicken broth. I also made my own homemade chili powder. 

                                         


                                         

I also got to try out my new Ninja Possiblepot with the recipe making it truly a one pot meal. I was able to brown the hamburger and cook everything in the same pot (except for the rice). Then place the pot in the oven to finish cooking for 25 minutes. The cleanup was so easy and it was very convenient. The best part...leftovers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Italian Kitchen: Baked Feta and Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes and Italian Sausage

I've seen this recipe around and thought I would finally try it. I, of course, made some changes. Next time, I would like to try the Bou...