Thursday, April 13, 2023

The Family Kitchen: Mom's Chili recipe

There is nothing like home cooking...especially Mom and Grandma's! I was fortunate to have great examples of ladies that loved to cook for their families, my mom, my Grandma Hazel, and my Grandma Dru. 
    


Stories are told around these recipes and kitchens. It makes life's moments special. I have very fond memories revolving around times spent with family in the kitchen. Making cookies, Grandma cooking Thanksgiving dinner, and Mom's Chili!

I have certain recipes of my mom's and grandma's that I will be attempting to reproduce with my own little spin on occasion. 

Today is one of my favorites of moms to make, her Texas Chili. I have added some things like a can of diced tomatoes and kidney beans, as well as making my own seasoning.


In our family, we traditionally serve this over spaghetti, but instead I am serving this with a cheddar green chili cornbread muffin. I am currently out of spaghetti and already had the cornbread made. Of course, this is always topped with some shredded cheese...in this case, Cheddar.


Some other great things to add to chili are rice, quinoa, crackers, macaroni, sour cream, jalepenos, and peppers.

                                      



What are some of the ways your family eats chili? 

I look forward to sharing some of my family's favorite recipes in the future.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Meatless Kitchen: Tex Mex Quinoa Three Ways!

 I needed a quick lunch the other day, so I made a big batch of Tex Mex Quinoa. Basically, a bunch of veggies and beans tossed with seasoned...