Friday, April 12, 2024

The Global Kitchen: Creole Sausage Pasta

 You know when you make a plan for dinner pull the meat out the night before to defrost then forget to pull it out of the fridge? Well, that was me tonight. I only had kielbasa thawed out and I had pizza last night so what to do? Find a recipe on Pinterest of course. 

Step one: find a recipe that I have the ingredients for

Step two: make sure meat is thawed. 

So, tonight I found a recipe that also allowed me to use my new Creole seasoning! Creole Sausage Pasta using carbanada pasta, which barely affects my sugar!


Ingredients:

Sausage and Peppers:
1 TBSP olive oil 
1/2 lb anouille or kielbasa sausage cut into 1/4 in slices
1 small onion diced
2 red or yellow peppers sliced
3-4 garlic cloves minced


Pasta:
15 oz can of diced tomatoes (I used rotel)
1.5 C water
8 oz of pasta 

Sauce:
2 C Milk
3 oz cream cheese softened
1 tsp creole seasoning
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
2 TBSP flour
2 TBSP butter salted
1 tsp minced garlic
1 C freshly grated parmesan


The recipe:
Heat olive oil in skillet over med-hi heat add sausage and cook 2-3 minutes to sear slightly.
Add onions and cook 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
Add sliced peppers and garlic. Cook 3-5 minutes. Transfer mix to a bowl or plate and set aside. 
Add diced tomatoes and water to pan scraping up any browned bits. 
Bring to boil over high heat then add pasta.
Cover and reduce heat to medium-low simmering until pasta is al dente and has absorbed most the liquid.
Meanwhile, blend the milk, cream cheese, creole seasoning, smoked paprika, and flour. 
Melt butter in a large pot over medium high heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant. 
Add the blended milk mixture to the butter and garlic. Cook and stir until slightly thickened.
Remove from heat and stir in parmesan cheese. 
Add sausage and vegetables along with the cooked pasta to the sauce, stir to combine. 
Serve with additional parmesan if so desire. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Italian Kitchen: Baked Feta and Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes and Italian Sausage

I've seen this recipe around and thought I would finally try it. I, of course, made some changes. Next time, I would like to try the Bou...