Monday, March 18, 2024

The Grocer's Kitchen: Golden Home Ultra Thin Whole Wheat mini pizza crusts

 As a diabetic, I was always on a search for a way to have pizza but not spike my sugar. Cauliflower crusts are a good option but still pretty high in carbs for only 1-2 slices. I discovered these mini 7" whole wheat pizza crusts that were the perfect size! They are made with 100% whole grain and are ultra-thin. They are now a staple in my pantry. 

They come in packages of 5 and make putting together a pizza super easy. The package is resealable and can be refrigerated for up to 5 days or frozen for up to 30 days. Unopened packages are shelf stable up to six months. 

Since these are made with 100% whole grain, they are a good source of fiber. This helps prevent obesity, reduces blood and cholesterol, and maintains blood sugar levels and weight. 

I know what you want to know...how do they taste? In my opinion, they are very good. I honestly don't even notice that much of a taste difference with all the toppings added. They are very thin and if you load up a lot of sauce and toppings they may not crisp up as well, but they are just as tasty. 


These crusts have allowed me to have pizza again and with the small size I can have the whole thing instead of just 1-2 slices. It's perfect for portion control. They do sell these in 12" crusts as well. 

I found these at Harvest Market and for a package of 5 it runs around $5.49 making these just a little over a dollar per crust. This could be a really cheap meal depending on how much you put on it. It is also great for those times you need a quick meal. Bake time is around 10-12 minutes so from start to finish you would have pizza ready within 20 minutes. 


Some of my favorite sauces to use:
Pesto
Pizza sauce
BBQ sauce
Tikka Masala sauce

Some of my favorite toppings:
Bacon
Pepperoni
Meatballs
Sausage
Roasted Red Peppers
Green Peppers
Olives
Jalapenos

Some of my favorite cheeses:
Mozzarella
Pepperjack

Some of my favorite seasonings
Pizza Party
Silk Chili or Red Pepper Flakes
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Meatless Kitchen: Tex Mex Quinoa Three Ways!

 I needed a quick lunch the other day, so I made a big batch of Tex Mex Quinoa. Basically, a bunch of veggies and beans tossed with seasoned...