Monday, September 11, 2023

The Family Kitchen: Chocolate Cherry Cake


For my family reunion this weekend, I made one of moms desserts with a twist. A chocolate cake with cherry pie fIlling. The cake was so moist and delicious! It has 1tbsp of almond extract which I love but if you are not a fan of almond extract you could sub vanilla extract. 
I also did not make the homemade icing I just used store bought but my tip is to whip your icing with a mixer. It makes it so fluffy and a lot easier to spread. It was the best icing job I have ever done!
I honestly did not know what to expect with this recipe but it turned out so good but not your traditional chocolate cake and it was very easy and quick to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Soup Kitchen: Nacho Soup with Chochoyotes

The soup of the week is Nacho Soup with chochoyotes aka Mexican dumplings. All the flavors of nachos in a soup. The first step i...